Well done to the Regent Bridge Club on a fantastic 95th Anniversary Congress on BBO over the weekend of 20-22 November. Special thanks to Congress President Finian O’Donoghue, Congress Co-Ordinator Mary Kelly-Rogers, and, above all, Declan Byrne (“regentman”) for running all the various competitions.
The winners of the major events were:
- Friday: Mixed Pairs – Tonje & Boyd Brogeland
- Novice Pairs – Mary Cox & Angela O’Connor
- Gala Open Pairs – Marlene O’Connor & Isabel Burke
- Saturday: Congress Swiss IMP Pairs – Mairead Haugh & Justin Corfield
- Area Master Swiss IMP Pairs – Rosemary O’Brien & Mary Deane
- Intermediate A Pairs – Mary Murray & Maura Byrne
- Intermediate B & Novice Pairs – Linda Walsh & Sandra Peden
- Sunday: Congress Teams – Diarmuid Reddan, Pat Quinn, Micheal O Briain, David Jackson
- Intermediate Teams – Paul O’Meara, Sally Burke, Ger Walsh, John Walsh (John & Evanne Lysaght, in partnership with two robots, finished in first place)
- Celebration Novice Pairs – Susan O’Neill & Margaret Delaney
- Celebration Intermediate Pairs – Catherine Mahon & Garry Windebank
- Celebration Master IMP Pairs – Mary Kelly-Rogers & Finian O’Donoghue
Well done to all concerned. We are all looking forward to the 100th anniversary in five years time!