The CBAI’s Chief Executive, Paul Porteous, has recently corresponded with all our clubs to keep them up to date on the key issues within the Association, in particular:
- The process for affiliation fees this season, including an extension of the early bird discount rate until 11 December;
- Plans for an ultimate return to in-person bridge, including the news that our first consignment of perspex screens has been received, and another is expected just before Christmas;
- The results of the recent IBU Simultaneous Pairs week, available here;
- The filling of the diary for the season, as congresses and CBAI national competitions are being organised for online play – check the website calendar regularly for new additions. The Master Pairs weekend will be on 5/6 December, and entries are open on the CBAI online entry system. We are also planning the Men’s & Ladies’ Teams and Pairs weekend for mid-January, and the Holmes Wilson for February, and will confirm the definitive dates shortly;
- The fact that the CBAI office remains open, albeit with a skeleton staff, so if there’s anything we can do for you give us a call or drop us an email. Our shop remains open too, and we sell gift vouchers, so if you’re looking for a Christmas present for a bridge-lover and don’t want to venture out to shop, we can help.
- And finally, our gratitude to all the people who have stepped up to the challenge of online bridge and worked their socks off to ensure that we can continue to enjoy our game even though we can’t meet in person.