Thanks to the efforts of Diarmuid Reddan and Fearghal O’Boyle, we won’t have to do without our fix of congress bridge this summer after all … albeit we’ll be attending them from our own homes rather than experiencing the usual warm Killarney and Sligo hospitality in person!
First up is Killarney (South of Ireland) Congress, from 9-17 May, which will consist of the following competitions to be held on BBO:
- Congress Pairs (2 sessions, you can enter for one OR both) Saturday 9 May, 14:15 and 19:15
- Mixed Pairs (2 sessions, you can enter for one OR both) Sunday 10 May, 14:15 and 19:15
- Mixed Teams (2 sessions) Monday 11 & Tuesday 12 May 19:15 each night
- Intermediate Friendly Pairs (1 session) Wednesday 13 May 19:15
- Matchpointed Swiss Pairs (1 session) Thursday 14 May 19:15
- Swiss IMP Pairs (1 session) Friday 15 May 19:15
- Lough Lein Congress Teams (3 sessions) Saturday 16 & Sunday 17 May 10:30 each day
The Congress will conclude with the prizegiving ceremony and cocktails in a special Zoom lounge on Sunday 17 May at 18:00. The organisers have asked us to point out the cocktails will be self-serve!
Then we will have Sligo (Yeats Country) Congress, from 5-7 June, with the following competitions planned – precise timings to follow:
- Mixed Pairs (1 session) Friday 5 June
- Congress & Intermediate Pairs (2 sessions, you can enter for one OR both) Saturday 6 June
- Congress & Intermediate Teams (2 sessions) Sunday 7 June
These virtual congresses are a first, and doubtless there may be teething troubles, so please read the instructions carefully, and pre-enter as requested. And please do your best to support these congresses and repay our valiant organisers for all the hard work they are putting in to run these events. Note that table money will be required in the form of BBO$, so you’ll need to have pre-loaded the necessary amount to your BBO account in advance.