DESCRIPTION OF GRADES
Bridge Season 1 July - 30 June
A player remains a Novice "N2" for 2 years from the start of lessons or until 1,000 Local points are attained.
A player remains a Novice "N1"from the end of the second year until the end of the the fifth year or until 1,000 Local points are attained.
A player holding less than 5,000 Local points who is not a Novice.
A player with at least 5,000 Local points but less than 4 National Points.
A player with at least 4 National Points but less than 7 National Points.
A player with at least 7 National Points but less than 30 National Points.
A player with between 30 and 100 National Points.
A player with between 100 and 500 National points.
A player with between 500 and 1000 National Points
A player with 1000 or more National Points - CBAI Grand Masters
1. Local points are converted to National Points on a scale of
5,000 Local points = 1 National Point.
2. A player may play up one Grade without permission
(Except in the case of restricted entry).
3. A player may play up two Grades if authorised by the Regional Secretary and subsequently ratified by the next Management Committee meeting. Any player who avails of this may not play below that Grade unless by regrading, which can only be done after 3 years. This regulation will also apply to Intermediate "A" players who do not have the required Master Point holding to play in restricted competitions.
Players may be regraded in either direction by the Management Committee:
(1) On the recommendation of their Club Secretary.
(2) On the recommendation of their Regional Executive.
(3) On personal application by players. All such applications for regrading must be made through the Regional Secretary to the Committee.
Players may also be regraded by the Management Committee at its discretion.